Brookfield Properties | Retail is a New York-based real estate investment company that ranks among the largest mall owners in the United States. Founded on a legacy of innovation and creativity our culture embodies a vibrant entrepreneurial spirit that encourages creativity, rewards initiatives and empowers our team members to excel. The foundation for this effort is our unique corporate culture, which encourages our people to think outside the box and take initiative while inspiring them to uphold the exceptional quality standards that are our hallmark. The Company’s geographically diverse portfolio spans the United States from coast to coast and includes 38 malls and retail centers in 22 states encompassing 23.8 million square feet.
Working with the Senior Director, Tenant Coordination, Development and Construction, the Estimator will contribute to the team effort in developing a bid strategy to lead and execute the entire bid process for both negotiated and hard bid projects.
- Prepare cost and labor estimates for construction projects by way of analyzing project drawings, specifications, and RFP's.
- Submit timely questions for clarification during the bid process.
- Attend pre-bid meetings.
- Prepare qualified subcontractor lists.
- Solicit bids from a comprehensive set of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Confirm scope of work and bid proposals for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist with change order pricing.
- Stay current with estimating methods and knowledge.
- Build relationships with subcontractors and company clients to maintain a competitive edge