Who We Are
Rouse Properties, LLC. is a New York-based real estate investment company owned by affiliates of Brookfield Asset Management and was founded on a legacy of innovation and creativity. Rouse’s culture embodies a vibrant entrepreneurial spirit that encourages creativity, rewards initiatives and empowers our team members to excel. The foundation for this effort is our unique corporate culture, which encourages our people to think outside the box and take initiative while inspiring them to uphold the exceptional quality standards that are a Rouse hallmark. We are among the country’s largest regional mall owners. The Company’s geographically diverse portfolio spans the United States from coast to coast, and includes 38 malls and retail centers in 23 states encompassing 24.5 million square feet.
Position - Senior Property Accountant
This position is responsible for the overall accounting efforts for the assigned shopping centers. Applicants should present a professional demeanor, be a well-organized self-starter with attention to detail while managing multiple priorities.
- Possess ownership attitude and full responsibility of financial results for assigned properties
- Provide support to Property Manager
- Maintain and analyze general ledgers for respective properties, process journal entries, calculate monthly accruals and update balance sheet backup schedules
- Ensure that rents are billed accurately and revenue and lease costs are accounted for properly in accordance with GAAP
- Review expense recoveries including annual pre-bills, CPI adjustments and year-end true-up
- Assist in the resolution of AP, AR and cash receipt issues
- Review annual budget including business plan and quarterly forecasts of assigned properties
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages for properties and corporate office
- Prepare monthly budget variance analysis and balance sheet account reconciliation on a timely basis
- Prepare detailed year-end financial reconciliations, analyses and working papers
- Provide support and assistance to internal and external auditors including tenant audits
- Other duties as necessary