Who We Are
Rouse Properties, LLC. is a New York-based real estate investment company owned by affiliates of Brookfield Asset Management and was founded on a legacy of innovation and creativity. Rouse’s culture embodies a vibrant entrepreneurial spirit that encourages creativity, rewards initiatives and empowers our team members to excel. The foundation for this effort is our unique corporate culture, which encourages our people to think outside the box and take initiative while inspiring them to uphold the exceptional quality standards that are a Rouse hallmark. We are among the country’s largest regional mall owners. The Company’s geographically diverse portfolio spans the United States from coast to coast, and includes 38 malls and retail centers in 23 states encompassing 24.5 million square feet.
Position - General Manager - Spring Hill Mall
The General Manager is the team leader who has the overall responsibility of maintaining the physical integrity of the property and creating an environment which enhances customer satisfaction, drives tenant sales and positions the property for future growth.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the facility, overseeing work accomplished by supervisors and other employees, ensuring that it is consistent with corporate policies and objectives
- Participate in corporate strategic planning and implement strategic goals and objectives
- Proactively implement programs and processes to maximize Net Operating Income while reviewing financial and operating reports
- Drive the effectiveness of sales and marketing activities
- Ensure the accuracy of all property-level financial data and that all revenues are billed and collected
- Prepare the Annual Operating and Capital budgets in cooperation with the VP, Asset Management
- Responsible for monthly and/or quarterly reforecasts and detailed variance analysis as needed
- Drive the rent collection process utilizing the assistance of the Accounting and Accounts Receivable staffs.
- Approve wage and bonus schedules in line with budget and operating constraints
- Approve, within budgetary and corporate guidelines, expenditures for operating expenses and capital equipment
- Oversee that the inventory management is consistent with sales, cash flow and financial goals
- Oversee the monthly sales reporting and Lease information review processes while working with accounting and lease administration on the regular monthly Rent Roll reviews ensuring the accuracy of the property billing and publication of variance analysis
- Ability to handle public relations situations within corporate guidelines
- Oversee the facility staff and develop professional development plans for the employees, supervisors and managers
- Conduct regular staff meetings
- Resolve customer complaints and service issues professionally and in a timely manner
- Participate as requested in corporate or field committees; providing the benefit of effort and experience to the maximization of company operating effectiveness
- Follow company policies and procedures