Who We Are
Rouse Properties, LLC. is a New York-based real estate investment company owned by affiliates of Brookfield Asset Management and was founded on a legacy of innovation and creativity. Rouse’s culture embodies a vibrant entrepreneurial spirit that encourages creativity, rewards initiatives and empowers our team members to excel. The foundation for this effort is our unique corporate culture, which encourages our people to think outside the box and take initiative while inspiring them to uphold the exceptional quality standards that are a Rouse hallmark. We are among the country’s largest regional mall owners. The Company’s geographically diverse portfolio spans the United States from coast to coast, and includes 38 malls and retail centers in 23 states encompassing 24.5 million square feet.
Senior General Manager - San Diego, CA
The Senior General Manager will provide effective leadership through communication of the Company’s strategic vision, achieve results and maintain the physical integrity of the properties to create an environment which enhances guest experiences that drives tenant sales. The Senior General Manager has at least seven (7) years of multi-property experience and seeks to achieve excellence. This Senior General Manager will oversee the Shoppes at Carlsbad, Carlsbad, CA and Chula Vista Center, Chula Vista, California.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the both facilities, overseeing work accomplished by the mall team, ensuring that it is consistent with corporate policies and objectives
- Proactively implement programs and processes to maximize Net Operating Income including the regular review and certification of financial and operating reports
- Participate as requested in corporate or field committees; providing the benefit of effort and experience to the maximization of company operating effectiveness
- Manage, train, and develop the teams at both properties. Recruit as needed according to the property staffing model. Provide an engaging work environment by linking the property team to the company culture, values, and mission
- Maintain a clean, safe and secure standard by building an outstanding and hospitable environment with attention to detail in all operational standards
- Prepare and manage both property’s annual capital and operating expense budgets
- Drive the rent collection process utilizing the assistance of our accounting teams
- Identify and exercise operational expense control strategies and tactics. Ensure the accuracy of all property-level financial data and that all revenues are billed and collected
- Approve wage and bonus schedules in line with budget and operating constraints
- Approve, within budgetary and corporate guidelines, expenditures for capital equipment
- Work cooperatively with the development/construction and financial services departments as needed to maximize the value of the properties.